Commitment to Privacy
Suuty Technologies will obtain user consent to collect, use or disclose personal information, unless in situations where we are authorized to do so without consent.
Consent can be provided orally, in writing, electronically, through an authorized representative or when consent Is obvious and implied, such as when a user voluntarily provides personal information. Consent may also be implied by a user, when notice and a reasonable opportunity to opt-out of his or her personal information being used in newsletters, mail-outs, marketing, fundraising and the user does not opt-out.
You may withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal, contractual and other restrictions, provided reasonable notice of withdrawal of consent to Suuty Technologies. On receipt of this notice, Suuty Technologies will inform you of the likely consequences of the withdrawal of consent, which may restrict our ability to provide a particular service or product.
We may collect, use or disclose personal information without the user’s knowledge or consent in the following limited circumstances:
- When the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is permitted or required by law;
- When the personal information is available from a public source (e.g., a telephone directory);
- When we require legal advice from a lawyer;
- For the purposes of collecting a debt;
- To protect ourselves from fraud;
- To investigate an anticipated breach of an agreement or a contravention of law
Collection and Use of Personal Information
When you visit our Website, converse with our representatives, save information online on our Website, or participate in any contests, promotions or surveys on our Website, we may collect personal information from you, including your name, email, mailing or IP address and telephone numbers. Personal information collected by Suuty.com may be used for the following general purposes:
- to tailor and improve your experience of our Website;
- to provide advertisements, content or features that correspond to your profile and interests;
- to offer you products and services that appeal to you;
- to send you communications you have signed-up to receive;
- to perform user data analysis;
- to register and manage your online account;
- to register and manage your listing(s);
- to respond to your comments, questions and requests;
- to carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected;
- as otherwise explained to you when the information is collected;
- as otherwise described in this Policy.
We may change or add to this Policy from time to time, so we encourage you to review it periodically. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy.
Storage of Personal Information
Suuty Technologies will use, process and store personal information as long as necessary for the purposes described in this Policy unless a longer retention is required by law. We do our best to provide you with a safe online environment with safeguards in place to help protect the security and privacy of your personal information. Suuty Technologies adheres to applicable legal or regulatory requirements concerning the storage and protection of personal information.
Suuty Technologies is the custodian of personal information provided to it, however this data may be provided to third-parties in order to provide you with a superior experience. Some of these providers and the databases they utilize to store your information may be located outside of Canada. Please note that when information is stored outside of Canada, it is subject to the laws of the jurisdiction where it is stored.
All personal information will be anonymized upon deletion of an account except for audit and security purposes.
Access to Personal Information
Users have a right to access their personal information, subject to limited exceptions.
Upon written request and confirmation of your identity, Suuty Technologies will provide you with your personal information under its control and the information regarding how it is used and whom it has been disclosed to. Suuty may charge a reasonable fee to compile this review.
Suuty Technologies will make this information available to you within 30 days of the request, or request additional time through writing.
In some cases, Suuty Technologies may not be able to provide certain personal information if, among other sensitive situations, revealing personal information could reveal personal information about another individual, when the information is protected by solicitor/client privilege or the information was collected for investigation purposes. Suuty Technologies may be also be prevented by law from providing access to or disclosing certain personal information.
To contact Suuty Technologies with any questions or concerns about this Policy, write to:
c/o Suuty Technologies
1250 – 789 West Pender St.
Vancouver, BC V6C 2X1